Fujitsu Computer Systems today announced three new notebooks for both consumers and corporations that demand greater mobility and usability. The LifeBook U820convertible mini notebook is 1.32 pound update to the LifeBook U810 and combines a full-featured Windows PC with integrated Garmin Mobile PC navigation software … for about the same price as a premium GPS system. The LifeBook N7010desktop replacement notebook is the industry’s first full-size notebook to include a second touch-sensitive display for keeping more information visible at all times without cluttering the main desktop. Fujitsu also announced the LifeBook P1630feather-light convertible tablet PC featuring the new Intel Centrino 2 Ultra Low Voltage processor technology, integrated wireless broadband and a webcam.
Powered by the same Intel Centrino Atom Z-series processor found in many netbooks, the LifeBook U820mini notebook features integrated turn-by-turn, voice-prompted navigation from Garmin, making it easy for a field force and sales to handle computing needs and locate where they need to be without carrying separate devices for computing and navigation. The LifeBook U820 packs a 5.6-inch Crystal View wide XGA touch screen similar to standalone GPS systems. Its improved QWERTY keyboard features an extra set of rows (compared to the U810) for more comfortable typing and a zoom utility for easier viewing.
The LifeBook N7010has not one, but two LCD screens encased inside a glossy black chassis. The primary screen is a large, 16-inch wide-aspect Crystal View Display which delivers brighter images and richer colors, while a second 4-inch Touch Zone touch screen enhances productivity by keeping information, such as photo slide show, CD/DVD controls, or application shortcuts visible at all times for seamless multitasking.
Instead of minimizing applications, consumers can have two live applications running at the same time by dragging one into the Touch Zone. For example, they can work on a large file on the main screen and chat on the webcam below.
LifeBook U820 mini notebook Features and Specs:
- New: Built-in GPS receiver and integrated Garmin Mobile PC software – preloaded with maps of the U.S. and Canada, millions of destinations and points of interest, turn-by-turn directions, and route planning.
- New: Lighter weight starting at 1.32 pounds.
- New: Powered by the Intel Centrino Atom Z-series processor which supports lower power consumption, fewer chips, VT Technology and integrated support for 1080p HD video decode.
- New: An additional row of keys and a new overall layout of the keyboard to more closely simulate a standard QWERTY keyboard.
- New: Maintains security features including fingerprint sensor and BIOS lock, and adds a Kensington lock slot to deter physical theft.
- New: Now offers up to 7.5 hours of battery life with four-cell battery or 3.5 hours with new 2-cell battery option.
- New: Hard disk drive up to 120GB or solid state drive up to 64GB.
- New: Improved screen resolution with WXGA display.
- New: Enhanced video quality with 1.3 mega-pixel (640×480) resolution webcam
- Priced starting at $1,049for a base configuration. Users can choose from a recommended configuration, or they can customize their LifeBook U820 mini notebook using the Fujitsu Configure To Order (CTO) program. Available immediately through the Fujitsu websiteand select retailers/e-tailers.
- Pre-installed with Windows Vista Business or Home Premium, offering plenty of power to work, access an office network, check email, conduct video conferences, watch downloaded movies, listen to MP3 files, play games, browse the Internet, play games, take pictures or stay connected with family and friends.
- Convertible form factor offers keyboard, touch or pen input.
- Zoom utility for easier viewing.
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Stay connected on the go with Atheros XSPAN wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g/draft-n) or optional wireless broadband (coming by Q1 ).
LifeBook N7010 desktop replacement notebook Features and Specs:
- New: Additional 4-inch touch screen display for photo slide show, CD/DVD controls, as well as application launcher.
- New: High-speed Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 (2.26GHz, 3MB L2 cache, 1066GHz FSB) for fast processing and exceptional wireless networking.
- New: Large 16-inch wide-aspect Crystal View Display – a high-contrast display that delivers brighter images and richer colors in true 16:9 widescreen format.
- Priced at $1,499for a fixed configuration. Orderable immediately (ships on 11/10/2008) through the Fujitsu direct sales force, websiteand channel partners and select retailers/e-tailers.
- Integrated Blu-ray ROM optical drives for a high-definition experience.
- Connect to high definition large screen TV with integrated HMDI port.
- ATI Radeon HD 3470 graphics with 256MB GDDR3 dedicated graphics memory and up to 2GB of HyperMemory support.
- Dedicated Memory Stick/SD card slot for fast and easy downloads of pictures, music, and data.
- Integrated E-Sata port. It is 5x faster than USB and ideal for transferring large data files.
- Integrated webcam with 1.3 mega-pixels (640×480) resolution and digital microphone.
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100 (802.11AGN).
- Gesture-enabled touchpad for easy scrolling and zooming.
- Removable dust-filter, spill-resistant keyboard and shock mount hard drive offer added reliability and peace of mind.
- Footprint is almost the same as a standard 15.4 notebook.
LifeBook P1630 feather-light convertible notebook Features and Specs:
- New: Improved performance and battery life from the latest Intel Centrino 2 processor technology with dual-core Intel Core 2 Duo SU9300 Ultra Low Voltage Processor and Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5300 (802.11a/b/g/draft-n).
- New: Up to 6.15 hours with the high-capacity battery option — an hour longer than its predecessor.
- New: Optional wireless broadband (coming in the first quarter of ).
- New: Webcam with 1.3 mega-pixels (640×480) resolution.
- Priced starting at $2,179for a base configuration. Users can choose from a recommended configuration, or they can customize their LifeBook P1630 convertible tablet PC using the Fujitsu Configure To Order (CTO) program. Available immediately through the Fujitsu direct sales force, websiteand channel partners and select retailers/e-tailers.
- Compact convertible tablet PC, weighing only 2.2 pounds with an 8.9-inch WXGA touch-sensitive widescreen display with a high contrast ratio and exceptional viewing angle.
- Top and bottom magnesium-alloy exterior for extra durability and protection
- Solid state drive option.
- Advanced security with Fujitsu Portshutter data-leak-prevention software, and built-in biometric fingerprint swipe with pre-boot authentication (PBA).
- Optional integrated Bluetooth wireless technology.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.