Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site’s product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. While these laptops aren’t necessarily the most popular in terms of sales, they are the most popular based on the number of times our visitors clicked on them.
In that sense, think of this list as the “most clickable laptops of the month” … the notebooks that most of the people on this site are interested in learning about. Keep in mind that clicks directly on the “Most Popular Laptops” list do notcount toward the total in order to keep the list as fair as possible each month. The only clicks that count toward the monthly totals come from web searches like Google or from visitors who have clicked on a laptop after visiting our “Notebook Database” or inside our forums.
This month saw quite a few newcomers to the top 10 list. Last month the popular Dell XPS M1530 dropped from the top spot down to number six on the list, and this month the XPS M1530 is barely holding on to the top 10. The new HP Pavilion dv5t took the number one spot followed by some impressive competition from business notebooks like the new Dell Latitude E6400 and Lenovo ThinkPad T400.
1. HP Pavilion dv5t(New to the Top 10) – The dv5t features an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, up to 4096MB DDR2 System Memory, NVIDIA GeForce Go graphics available and 15.4″ diagonal WXGA BrightView Widescreen.
View NotebookReview.com Review for Pavilion dv5t
2. Dell Latitude E6400(New to the Top 10) – The 14.1-inch E6400 replaces Dell’s D630. These are Dell’s first Montevina/Centrino 2 class machines. The E6400 has a starting weigh of 4.4lbs and is available with built-in Bluetooth 2.1, mobile broadband, Integrated GPS, extended life batteries for “all day” computing, discrete nVIDIA graphics, and plenty of security options including contact-less smart cards and encrypted hard disks.
Buy the Latitude E6400 from Dell
3.Dell Studio 15(Previously #1) – The Dell Studio 15 is a 15.4″ screen multimedia laptop offered in multiple colors and configurations. The Studio 15 can be equipped with an Intel Core 2 Duo and dedicated ATI graphics. It comes with a slot-loading DVD drive, backlit keyboard, sleek drop-hinge design, widescreen glossy display and touch sensitive buttons.
View NotebookReview.com Review for Studio 15
4. Lenovo ThinkPad T400(New to the Top 10)– The ThinkPad T400 features an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 14.1″ LED-backlight widescreen, up to 8GB of PC2-8500 and integrated Intel X4500 or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470.
View NotebookReview.com Review for ThinkPad T4005. Lenovo ThinkPad T61(Previously #5)– The ThinkPad T61 was released in of 2007 and is still holding strong on the most popular charts. The T61 sports the Intel Santa Rosa (Centrino Duo) platform and improves upon the popular T60 by offering an even sturdier build and extra port options.
Buy the ThinkPad T61 direct from Lenovo6.Dell Inspiron 1525(Previously #9)– The Inspiron 1525 is a Core 2 Duo powered 15.4″ screen notebook from Dell. The Inspiron 1525 has Intel X3100 integrated graphics, an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and a thinner and lighter form factor than the previous Inspiron 1520.
View NotebookReview.com Review for Inspiron 1525
7. Dell XPS M1530(Previously #2) – The Dell XPS M1530 is the larger brother to the XPS M1330. It’s a 15.4-inch screen sleek looking performance notebook that offers the powerful nVidia 8600m graphics card. The XPS M1530 is available in black, red, midnight blue and white colors.
Buy the XPS M1530 from Dell
8.Sony VAIO FW(New to the Top 10)– The VAIO FW is a 16.4″ notebook featuring an Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 processor with great options including: Blu-Ray, a 1600 x 900 viewing format, a HD video card, ATI 3650 or ATI 3470, and an HDMI port to output.
View NotebookReview.com Review for VAIO FW
9. Toshiba Satellite A305(Previously #8)– The Satellite A305 laptops use the TruBrite 15.4-inch high definition diagonal widescreen display to get more from movies, games, spreadsheets and multitasking. The “Fusion finish” adds an extra level of durability and sexiness to this laptop. Available dedicated graphics and dual hard drives help this notebook really perform.
View NotebookReview.com Review for Satellite A305 / A300
10. Dell XPS M1330(Previously #6) – The XPS M1330 stays solid on the charts at #5 for the month. The M1330 is a 13.3″ portable notebook with the Intel Santa Rosa processor, Nvidia 8400M graphics and slick looks. The M1330 is available in red, black and white color lid options.
Buy the XPS M1330 direct from Dell
And here’s the rest of ’em rounding out the top 20 most viewed and popular on NotebookReview.com for the month of :
11.Acer Aspire One
12.HP Pavilion dv6700t
13.Asus Eee PC
15. Sony VAIO SZ
16. HP Pavilion tx2500z
17.Sony VAIO NR
18.Sony VAIO CR
19. Toshiba Satellite A200 / A205
20.Lenovo ThinkPad T500
Remember, to get advice on which notebook to buy don’t just go with what’s popular, visit our What Notebook Should I Buy forumto ask what everyone else thinks you should buy based on your needs. Check out how the current standings for this weeks most popular notebookslooks.
Top 20 Threads for
While we’re on the subject of top 20, to give an idea of what the hot topics were in the forums last month, here’s a list of the most viewed forum threads posted in :
- The Mobile Graphics Card Info Page – Most GPU Qs answered (poster Chaz, posted 8/31/2008, 1994635 views, 2888 replies)
- The Mobile Graphics Card Info Page – Most GPU Qs answered (poster Chaz, posted 8/26/2008, 1987450 views, 2864 replies)
- The Mobile Graphics Card Info Page – Most GPU Qs answered (poster Chaz, posted 8/25/2008, 930440 views, 2164 replies)
- P-7811FX and 1,920×1,200 resolution…good thing or bad? (poster focusfre4k, posted 8/30/2008, 40282 views, 880 replies)
- P-7811FX Users – Is your DVD drive flimsy? (poster focusfre4k, posted 8/30/2008, 40278 views, 876 replies)
- **OFFICIAL M860TU Owners Lounge** (poster steveninspokane, posted 8/14/2008, 35137 views, 743 replies)
- Where are the reviews for the T400/T500/W500 – DEAD – DEAD (poster JTM0320, posted 8/13/2008, 34056 views, 363 replies)
- Asus G50V 9700M GT Review, Benchmark and games (poster GenTechPC, posted 8/5/2008, 33267 views, 229 replies)
- Dell Studio XPS 13 and 16 – Coming Soon (poster Jayson, posted 8/26/2008, 28718 views, 196 replies)
- T400/T500 owners!! (poster chun9430, posted 8/5/2008, 26978 views, 229 replies)
- Vicious’s G50V-A1 Review (poster ViciousXUSMC, posted 8/7/2008, 23958 views, 291 replies)
- T400 arrived (poster s2000hku, posted 8/22/2008, 22799 views, 175 replies)
- HP Pavilion dv5t Review (poster Chaz, posted 8/13/2008, 20011 views, 177 replies)
- Team Dell (poster scottbenntt, posted 8/10/2008, 19778 views, 656 replies)
- Lenovo ThinkPad T400 Review (poster Kevin, posted 8/25/2008, 18949 views, 140 replies)
- The Random Thread 08 SE (poster Metamorphical, posted 8/7/2008, 17953 views, 2718 replies)
- New Dell Latitude E-Series Now Available (poster JerryJ, posted 8/12/2008, 17779 views, 114 replies)
- Lenovo ThinkPad T400 First Look (poster Kevin, posted 8/18/2008, 16614 views, 89 replies)
- How much space is too much space? (poster hankaaron57, posted 8/11/2008, 15942 views, 17 replies)
- Dell finally speaks out on the NVIDIA FAULTY GPU bug… (poster BatBoy, posted 8/21/2008, 15143 views, 252 replies)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.