Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site’s product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. While these laptops aren’t necessarily the most popular in terms of sales, they are the most popular based on the number of times our visitors clicked on them.
In that sense, think of this list as the “most clickable laptops of the month” … the notebooks that most of the people on this site are interested in learning about. The biggest surprise for the month of was the meteoric rise and fall of the Apple MacBook Air. After the initial excitement in that made the MacBook Air rocket up to the #2 spot in just a few days the MacBook Air fell completely off the top 10 list and landed in the number 15 position. The Dell XPS M1530 maintained strength in the top spot and the Asus Eee PC and HP dv6700t made their first appearance on the top 10 list.
1. Dell XPS M1530(previously #1) – The Dell XPS M1530 is the larger brother to the XPS M1330. It’s a 15.4-inch screen sleek looking performance notebook that offers the powerful nVidia 8600m graphics card. The XPS M1530 is available in black, red, midnight blue and white colors.
Buy the XPS M1530 from Dell
2. Lenovo ThinkPad T61(Previously #3)– The ThinkPad T61 was released in of 2007 and is still holding strong on the most popular charts. The T61 sports the Intel Santa Rosa (Centrino Duo) platform and improves upon the popular T60 by offering an even sturdier build and extra port options.
Buy the ThinkPad T61 direct from Lenovo3. Dell XPS M1330(Previously #4) – The XPS M1330 stays solid on the charts at #5 for the month. The M1330 is a 13.3″ portable notebook with the Intel Santa Rosa processor, Nvidia 8400M graphics and slick looks. The M1330 is available in red, black and white color lid options.
Buy the XPS M1330 direct from Dell
4. Toshiba Satellite A200(previously #5)– The Satellite A200 / A205 series is a 15.4″ screen mainstream offering from Toshiba. It has Core 2 Duo inside and ATI dedicated graphics is configurable with this notebook.
Buy the Toshiba A200 direct from Toshiba
5. Dell Inspiron 1525(Previously #7)– The Inspiron 1525 was released in early . It has a 15.4-inch screen display and is thinner and lighter than the previous Inspiron 1520. There are no dedicated graphics options for the 1525, but it does offer a range of processor configurations from the budget minded Celeron to the powerful Core 2 Duo.
Buy the Dell Inspiron 1525 direct from Dell6.Sony VAIO SZ(Previously #6)– Performance in a small package, that sums up the Sony VAIO SZ. The bright glossy 13.3″ display is powered by dedicated graphics and the Intel Santa Rosa platform for an extra performance boost. Sony recently released the VAIO SZ6 series.
Buy the Sony VAIO SZ direct from Sony
7. Asus Eee PC(new to top ten)– The Asus Eee PC notebook uses a Linux-based OS that Asus has customized themselves. Priced from $299 to $399 the Eee PC is one of the lowest priced ultraportable notebooks on the market. It has a 7″ screen and only weighs 2 lbs.
8. HP Pavilion dv6700t(new to top ten)– The HP dv6700t Entertainment Notebook PC is the replacement for the popular dv6500t. This laptop delivers a 15.4″ Brightview display, dazzling high-gloss design, Intel’s Core Duo processors and the option to upgrade to an Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS graphics card with 256MB dedicated video memory.
Buy the HP dv6700t direct from HP
9. Dell Inspiron 1520(Previously #9)– Dell announced the Inspiron 1520 at the end of and since then the Inspiron 1520 has been tearing up the charts. This Dell mainstream 15.4″ has the Intel Santa Rosa platform on board and comes in 8-different color selections. As usual, it can be configured to your heart’s delight.
Buy the Inspiron 1520 direct from Dell
10. Apple MacBook(back in top ten) – The MacBook is a 13.3-inch notebook from Apple that’s been popular for some time now. The MacBook comes with the Leopard OS, Intel Core 2 Duo Penryn processor, Intel X3100 graphics and of course the sleek Apple design you would expect.
Buy the Apple MacBook direct from Apple
And here’s the rest of ’em rounding out the top 20 most viewed and popular on NotebookReview.com for the month of :
11. Dell Vostro 1500
12. Sony VAIO FZ
13. Lenovo ThinkPad R61
14. Dell Vostro 1000
15. Apple MacBook Air
16. Dell Vostro 1400
17. Sony VAIO NR
18. Lenovo ThinkPad X300
19. Lenovo ThinkPad X61
20. Sony VAIO CR
Remember, to get advice on which notebook to buy don’t just go with what’s popular, visit our What Notebook Should I Buy forumto ask what everyone else thinks you should buy based on your needs. Check out how the current standings for this weeks most popular notebookslooks.
Top 20 Threads for
While we’re on the subject of top 20, to give an idea of what the hot topics were in the forums last month, here’s a list of the most viewed forum threads posted in :
1. Dell Vista Laptop Reformat and Bloatware Removal Guide (poster Les, posted 2/11/2008, 73903 views, 648 replies)
2. Macbook Air vs. Commodore SX-64 (poster ElMaravilloso, posted 2/1/2008, 32529 views, 12 replies)
3. Packer’s Area-51 m15x Review (poster Packer445, posted 2/6/2008, 23600 views, 185 replies)
4. Lenovo ThinkPad X300 First Thoughts Review (poster Andrew, posted 2/21/2008, 15976 views, 87 replies)
5. How TO: Install Vista SP1 Final via Windows Update (poster MaXimus777, posted 2/8/2008, 15000 views, 294 replies)
6. 8800m GTS Benchmarks (poster narsnail, posted 2/10/2008, 10178 views, 213 replies)
7. New Laptop: Acer Extensa 4420-5237 (poster jfafimtu, posted 2/10/2008, 9135 views, 71 replies)
8. Windows Vista Service Pack 1/Windows Server 2008 (poster Fade To Black, posted 2/4/2008, 8885 views, 182 replies)
9. Dell Latitude E-series leaked (poster phantomAI, posted 2/1/2008, 8006 views, 45 replies)
10. No.. Seriously.. Lighting/Lying issue (poster Absinthe42, posted 2/4/2008, 7139 views, 190 replies)
11. Lenovo ThinkPad X300 Gets a Price, Available for Pre-Order (poster Chaz, posted 2/7/2008, 6953 views, 71 replies)
12. Put up pics of your new lit up m15x, would love to see your configs. (poster Absinthe42, posted 2/9/2008, 6870 views, 88 replies)
13. Best Buy Sale This week on the P-6831 FX $1199.99 (poster Crazy Jay, posted 2/12/2008, 6159 views, 89 replies)
14. Unofficial Gateway P series 6831/171S/171X/171XL Lounge (poster Lights, posted 2/5/2008, 5978 views, 66 replies)
15. m15x user review by shima (poster shima, posted 2/7/2008, 5807 views, 67 replies)
16. Penryn now available! (poster ryan27406, posted 2/19/2008, 5717 views, 187 replies)
17. DIY SSD Guide (poster Kevin, posted 2/14/2008, 5428 views, 59 replies)
18. Is this News about Free Processor Upgrades true? zz (poster Shrinking, posted 2/6/2008, 5390 views, 6 replies)
19. Apple MacBook Air Review (poster Kevin, posted 2/6/2008, 5349 views, 54 replies)
20. Did anyone pinpoint the reason as to the m15x lack of performance in Crysis? (poster Rebmik, posted 2/23/2008, 5206 views, 198 replies)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.