Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site’s product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. While these laptops aren’t necessarily the most popular in terms of sales, they are the most popular based on the number of times our visitors clicked on them.
In that sense, think of this list as the most clickable laptops of the month … the notebooks that most of the people on this site are interested in learning about. Keep in mind that clicks directly on the Most Popular Laptops list do notcount toward the total in order to keep the list as fair as possible each month. The only clicks that count toward the monthly totals come from web searches like Google or from visitors who have clicked on a laptop after visiting our Notebook Database or inside our forums.
This month’s list comes a few days later than usual since we had to recover from Black and Cyber but most of the laptops on the list have previously landed on the Top 10 list. The big news is that the Acer Aspire One budget netbook is actually more popular among our visitors than many full-featured notebooks like the Dell Inspiron 1525, or Lenovo ThinkPad T400. Apple’s recent update of the MacBook held onto the number 5 spot on the list for the second month in a row, and the original ASUS Eee PC finally dropped off the top 10 list … a sign that newer netbooks, such as the HP Mini 1000, are generating more interest among consumers.
1. HP Pavilion dv5t(Previously #1) – The dv5t features an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, up to 4096MB DDR2 System Memory, NVIDIA GeForce Go graphics available and 15.4″ diagonal WXGA BrightView Widescreen.
View NotebookReview.com Review for Pavilion dv5t
1. Acer Aspire One(Previously #3) – The Aspire Oneis the latest netbook from Acer, offering a convenient, compact design at a budget price. The Aspire One features an Intel Atom Processor, 8.9″ WSVGA TFT LCD, and a choice of either Genuine Windows XP Home Edition or Linpus Linux Lite version.
View NotebookReview.com Review for Aspire One
3. Sony VAIO Z(previously #10) – The VAIO Z notebook features a 13.1″ XBRITE-DuraView LCD, Intel Centrino 2 Processor and an optional 128GB solid state drive technology … making it an attractive alternative to the Apple MacBook.
Buy the Sony VAIO Z online
4. Dell Inspiron 1525(Previously #2)– The Inspiron 1525is a Core 2 Duo powered 15.4″ screen notebook from Dell. The Inspiron 1525has Intel X3100 integrated graphics, an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and a thinner and lighter form factor than the previous Inspiron 1520.
View NotebookReview.com Review for Inspiron 15255.Apple MacBook(previously #5)– With Intel Core 2Duo processors, Nvidia 9400M graphics, an optional 128GB solid state drive (SSD), and a stylish yet tough design, the new MacBookpromises to be one impressive 13-inch notebook.
View NotebookReview.com Review for MacBook
6. Lenovo ThinkPad T400(Previously #4)– The ThinkPad T400features an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 14.1″ LED-backlight widescreen, up to 8GB of PC2-8500 and integrated Intel X4500 or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470.
View NotebookReview.com Review for ThinkPad T4007. Toshiba Satellite A305(Previously #9)– The Satellite A305 laptops use the TruBrite 15.4-inch high definition diagonal widescreen display to get more from movies, games, spreadsheets and multitasking. The Fusion finish adds an extra level of durability and sexiness to this laptop. Available dedicated graphics and dual hard drives help this notebook really perform.
View NotebookReview.com Review for Satellite A305 / A300
8. Dell XPS M1530(Back in the Top 10) – The Dell XPS M1530is the larger brother to the XPS M1330. It’s a 15.4-inch screen sleek looking performance notebook that offers the powerful nVidia 8600m graphics card. The XPS M1530 is available in black, red, midnight blue and white colors.
Buy the XPS M1530 from Dell
9. Dell XPS M1330(Previously #8) – The XPS M1330 stays solid on the charts at #5 for the month. The M1330 is a 13.3″ portable notebook with the Intel Santa Rosa processor, Nvidia 8400M graphics and slick looks. The M1330 is available in red, black and white color lid options.
Buy the XPS M1330 direct from Dell
10. Sony VAIO FW(Back in the Top 10)– The VAIO FWis a 16.4″ notebook featuring an Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 processor with great options including: Blu-Ray, a 1600 x 900 viewing format, a HD video card, ATI 3650 or ATI 3470, and an HDMI port to output.
View NotebookReview.com Review for VAIO FW
And here’s the rest of ’em rounding out the top 20 most viewed and popular on NotebookReview.com for the month of :
11.HP Mini 1000– 8,604 unique views, 1.0845163982% of all product views
12.Dell Studio 15– 8,202 unique views, 1.03384512994% of all product views
13.Lenovo ThinkPad T61– 7,481 unique views, 0.9429645717% of all product views
14.Asus Eee PC– 7,450 unique views, 0.93905708584% of all product views
15.HP Pavilion dv4t– 6,569 unique views, 0.82800885864% of all product views
16.HP EliteBook 2530p– 6,558 unique views, 0.8266223314% of all product views
17.Toshiba Satellite L300– 6,468 unique views, 0.81527801761% of all product views
18.HP Pavilion tx2500z– 6,124 unique views, 0.77191752935% of all product views
19.Sony VAIO SR– 5,524 unique views, 0.69628877076% of all product views
20.Asus N10– 5,449 unique views, 0.68683517594% of all product views
Remember, to get advice on which notebook to buy don’t just go with what’s popular, visit our What Notebook Should I Buy forumto ask what everyone else thinks you should buy based on your needs. Check out how the current standings for this weeks most popular notebookslooks.
Top 20 Threads for
While we’re on the subject of top 20, to give an idea of what the hot topics were in the forums last month, here’s a list of the most viewed forum threads posted in :
- Asus N80Vn-GP011C: First Impressions/Review (poster zmatin, posted 11/12/2008, 22306 views, 422 replies)
- Alienware M17 *OFFICIAL* Owner’s Lounge (poster Mike2023, posted 11/4/2008, 13768 views, 380 replies)
- New Alienware m17 discussion (poster steveninspokane, posted 11/3/2008, 20061 views, 324 replies)
- left 4 dead demo (poster kraz30g, posted 11/3/2008, 10371 views, 317 replies)
- Mumbai Rocked By Deadly Attacks (poster Andy, posted 11/26/2008, 3498 views, 278 replies)
- California bans same *** marriage (poster surfasb, posted 11/5/2008, 4496 views, 262 replies)
- ***Windows 7 discussion*** (poster Jayayess1190, posted 11/4/2008, 7021 views, 236 replies)
- Dox 180.70…thank You Dox (poster rot112, posted 11/29/2008, 5991 views, 228 replies)
- Official Post Your Pic Thread! (poster Jaycee8980, posted 11/21/2008, 3508 views, 167 replies)
- XPS Studio 13/16 – rumours (poster givemeanick, posted 11/23/2008, 28314 views, 167 replies)
- M17 Low End Benchmark/Review (poster fusionsenses, posted 11/11/2008, 9553 views, 156 replies)
- And Obama wins the Presidency with… (poster MrPresident, posted 11/4/2008, 2379 views, 153 replies)
- Firefox losing to Chrome: And here’s why (poster Nocturnal310, posted 11/24/2008, 3226 views, 153 replies)
- My T400 arrived! First impressions…. (poster philosopherdog, posted 11/18/2008, 7343 views, 139 replies)
- Mac or PC (poster hibernated, posted 11/27/2008, 2716 views, 131 replies)
- what cell phone do you have (use) ? (poster miro_gt, posted 11/20/2008, 1379 views, 124 replies)
- configing my m17 need some help! (poster JellyBeans, posted 11/3/2008, 3393 views, 123 replies)
- Why should I care about Obama? (poster emike09, posted 11/6/2008, 1718 views, 113 replies)
- Official Left 4 Dead Thread (poster kraz30g, posted 11/18/2008, 4263 views, 112 replies)
- Studio 17 with MONTEVINA is up on US Dell Website…… (poster cktb2793, posted 11/6/2008, 4826 views, 111 replies)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.