Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this sites product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. Interestingly in the Dell Vostro 1500 and ThinkPad T61, both business notebooks, sat at the top of the charts.
1. Dell Vostro 1500(Previously #2)– The Dell Vostro 1500 is much like the Inspiron 1520 — it has a 15.4″ display, the same build and for the most part the same port configuration. However, it is aimed at business users and is therefore all black in its looks. You can also configure it with Windows XP. The Vostro 1500 comes with the latest Intel Santa Rosa platform.
Buy the Vostro 1500 direct from Dell
2. Lenovo ThinkPad T61(Previously #3)– The ThinkPad T61 was released in and is still holding strong on the most popular charts. The T61 sports the new Intel Santa Rosa (Centrino Duo) platform and improves upon the popular T60 by offering an even sturdier build and extra port options.
Buy the ThinkPad T61 direct from Lenovo
3.Sony VAIO SZ(Previously #4)– Performance in a small package, that sums up the Sony VAIO SZ. The bright glossy 13.3″ display is powered by dedicated graphics and the Intel Santa Rosa platform for an extra performance boost. Sony recently released the VAIO SZ6 series.
Buy the Sony VAIO SZ direct from Sony
4. Dell XPS M1330(Previously #5)– The XPS M1330 stays solid on the charts at #5 for the month. The M1330 is a 13.3″ portable notebook with the Intel Santa Rosa processor, Nvidia 8400M graphics and slick looks. The M1330 is available in red, black and white color lid options.
Buy the XPS M1330 direct from Dell
5. Dell Inspiron 1520(Previously #1)– Dell announced the Inspiron 1520 at the end of and since then the Inspiron 1520 has been tearing up the charts. This Dell mainstream 15.4″ has the Intel Santa Rosa platform on board and comes in 8-different color selections. As usual, it can be configured to your heart’s delight.
Buy the Inspiron 1520 direct from Dell
6. HP Pavilion dv6500t(Previously #6)– The HP dv6500t is a 15.4″ widescreen display laptop that has the latest Intel Santa Rosa platform. It offers a very nice imprint finish glossy design and comes with a very reasonable price tag, starting at about $1,000 with some configurations.
Buy the HP dv6500t direct from HP
7. Toshiba Satellite A200(new to top ten)– The Satellite A200 / A205 series is a 15.4″ screen mainstream offering from Toshiba. It has Core 2 Duo inside and ATI dedicated graphics is configurable with this notebook.
Buy the Toshiba A200 direct from Toshiba
8. Lenovo ThinkPad X61(new to top ten)– The ThinkPad X61 is an ultraportable 12.1″ screen business notebook meant for road warriors. It’s got a sturdy build yet weighs only 3lbs and has a great keyboard. The X61 has a regular clock speed processor while the slimmer X61s has an ultra low voltage processor.
Buy the ThinkPad X61 direct from Lenovo
9. HP Pavilion dv9500t(previously #10) –The HP dv9500t is a desktop replacement style 17″ screen notebook. It’s the big brother of the HP dv6500t. The dv9500t can be configured with a Core 2 Duo processor and Nvidia 8600 graphics card for potential gaming performance.
Buy the HP dv9500t direct from HP
10. Dell Vostro 1400(Previously #9)– The Dell Vostro 1400 is a 14.1″ business laptop from Dell. Surprisingly it’s even more popular than the Dell Inspiron 1420 consumer notebook that offers color lid options. be the black look and 30-day satisfaction guarantee is powering this notebook up the charts.
Buy the Dell Vostro 1400 direct from Dell
And here’s the rest of ’em rounding out the top 20 most viewed and popular on NotebookReview.com for the month of :
11. Apple MacBook Pro
12. Sony VAIO FZ
13. Lenovo ThinkPad T60
14. HP Pavilion dv6000z
15. HP Pavilion dv6000t
16. Sony VAIO CR
17. Lenovo ThinkPad R61
18. Dell Inspiron 1420
19. Sony VAIO NR
20. Dell XPS M1730
To see how the Top 10 Notebooks of looked view this article. And remember, to get advice on which notebook to buy don’t just go with what’s popular, visit our What Notebook Should I Buy forumto ask what everyone else thinks you should buy based on your needs. Check out how the current standings for this weeks most popular notebookslooks.
Top 20 Threads for
While we’re on the subject of top 20, to give an idea of what the hot topics were in the forums last month, here’s a list of the most viewed forum threads posted in :
- Crysis (on notebooks) – Videos & Pics (poster Gophn, posted 10/3/2007, 13,910 views, 308 replies)
- Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo available right now! (poster Cinner, posted 10/12/2007, 9,435 views, 202 replies)
- Crysis performance (poster pavilion, posted 10/26/2007, 9,222 views, 157 replies)
- lenovo outlet just restocked-ymmv (poster watchtower7, posted 10/9/2007, 8,768 views, 115 replies)
- ThinkLive this 10th — Watch and Win a $5,000 ThinkPad Reserve Notebook (poster Andrew, posted 10/3/2007, 8,458 views, 180 replies)
- Coming Soon: Xps M1530! (poster DoubleBlack, posted 10/5/2007, 7,930 views, 96 replies)
- The “OFFICIAL” ORANGE BOX REVIEW!! By yours truly… (poster The Forerunner, posted 10/4/2007, 6,824 views, 115 replies)
- $315? !? !? !? !? ? !? ! (poster harpreet1988, posted 10/5/2007, 6,821 views, 196 replies)
- Quick to forget? CRYSIS demo this ! (poster The Forerunner, posted 10/22/2007, 6,475 views, 190 replies)
- Asus Eee PC Initial Hands On and Video Review (poster Andrew, posted 10/25/2007, 6,135 views, 58 replies)
- ATI 2600HD Review (poster Crimsonman, posted 10/13/2007, 5,601 views, 102 replies)
- ForceWare 169.01 Crysis Beta Driver available @ nZone (poster bigspin, posted 10/26/2007, 5,564 views, 113 replies)
- Final Crysis Requirements…Don’t kill the messenger for the bad message (poster The Forerunner, posted 10/9/2007, 5,400 views, 151 replies)
- An Introduction to the Solid State Drive (poster flamenko, posted 10/5/2007, 5,239 views, 92 replies)
- Asus Eee PC 701 4G Review (poster JerryJ, posted 10/29/2007, 4,962 views, 81 replies)
- Call of Duty 4 PC demo coming (poster Cinner, posted 10/7/2007, 4,804 views, 119 replies)
- News Bits: XPS M1530 Rumored, Vista SP1 Set for Q1 2008, MacBook Pro External Display Issues (poster Chaz, posted 10/8/2007, 4615 views, 47 replies)
- My X205-SLi3 arrives today (poster shboyles, posted 10/5/2007, 4334 views, 70 replies)
- ForceWare 163.74 Now available at laptopvideo2go.com (poster bigspin, posted 10/6/2007, 4169 views, 75 replies)
- New Vista updates available for compatibility and reliability issues (poster bigspin, posted 10/2/2007, 4153 views, 93 replies)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.